ABAP and JSON
This section explains how JSON data can be created and read in ABAP. The main topics are
- processing and creating JSON data using parsers and renderers created and used using the APIs found in sXML Library.
- the direct transformation of ABAP data to JSON format (known as serialization) and reads of data in JSON format to ABAP data objects (known as deserialization) using transformations located as programs in the repository.
The handling of JSON data in ABAP is based on the following principles:
- A JSON-XML format maps JSON data to XML.
- XML readers and XML writers in sXML Library support JSON-XML and can be used as parsers and renderers of JSON data.
- Direct transformations can be made between ABAP and JSON. Here, a canonical JSON representation of ABAP data called asJSON can be used for the identity transformation ID.
For examples, see the appropriate programs in the example library.
7.31 | 7.40 | 7.54