ABAP Keyword Documentation → ABAP - Reference → ABAP Syntax → ABAP Statements → Operands → Functions and Expressions in Operand Positions → Operand Positions for Functions and Expressions → Reader Positions for Functions and Expressions
General Expression Positions
General expression positions are reader positions in which suitable data objects, constructor expressions, table expressions, calculation expressions, predefined functions, or functional methods and method chainings can be specified. The following general expression positions exist:
- Right side of an assignment with the assignment operator
- Operand of the statement
- Actual parameters for input parameters of methods in meth( ...
CREATE OBJECT, and
THROWin a conditional expression.
- Arguments of predefined numeric functions if they are themselves executed in an arithmetic expression.
- The operands behind the addition
WITH TABLE KEYof the statements
READ TABLE itaband
DELETE TABLE itab.
- Work area
waof the statements
expfor dynamic sorts in the case of
- Source fields of the statements
WRITE TO, with the restriction that arithmetic expressions and bit expressions cannot be specified directly, only as embedded expressions in string templates.