ABAP Keyword Documentation → ABAP - Dictionary → ABAP CDS in ABAP Dictionary → ABAP CDS - Data Definitions → ABAP CDS - DDL for Data Definitions → ABAP CDS - DEFINE VIEW → ABAP CDS - SELECT → ABAP CDS - SELECT, Operands and Expressions → ABAP CDS - cond_expr
ABAP CDS - cond_expr, Operands
The following rules apply when specifying the operands lhs and rhs in the relational expressions of the SELECT statement in a CDS view:
- General Rules
- Character literals cannot be used in comparisons with numeric values.
- Numeric literals that represent a value outside the value range of INT4 must be specified as floating point literals with a decimal point.
- Rules for use in a WHERE condition
- Rules for use in a HAVING condition
- Rules for use in an ON condition of a join expression
- Rules for use in an ON condition of a CDS association
- Rules for use in a filter condition of a path expression
- Rules for use in a complex case distinction.
7.31 | 7.40 | 7.54
For comparisons, the tables of comparable types show which data types can be compared with each other.
ABAP CDS - cond_expr, ON, Join
ABAP CDS - cond_expr, ON, CDS Association