ABAP Keyword Documentation → ABAP - Dictionary → ABAP CDS in ABAP Dictionary → ABAP CDS - Data Definitions → ABAP CDS - DDL for Data Definitions → ABAP CDS - DEFINE VIEW → ABAP CDS - SELECT → ABAP CDS - SELECT, Operands and Expressions
ABAP CDS - cond_expr
7.31 | 7.40 | 7.54
| [NOT] cond_expr [AND|OR cond_expr] ...
Formulates a condition in a CDS
view whose result is true or false. A condition is either a single relational expression,
rel_expr, or an expression constructed from the Boolean operators NOT,
AND, and OR in which parenthesized full conditions
cond_expr using parentheses ( ...
) are possible.
The relational expressions rel_expr from which a condition
cond_expr can be constructed are as follows:
- Comparisons with relational operators
- Interval comparisons using BETWEEN
- Pattern comparisons using LIKE
The Boolean operators work as follows:
- NOT negates the result of the following condition.
- An AND join is true if both joined conditions are true.
- An OR join is true if at least one of the joined conditions is true.
The operator NOT is a stronger binding than AND, which itself is a strong binding than OR. This produces implicit parentheses, which can be overridden by explicit parentheses.