Obsolete Access to CDS Views in ABAP SQL
SELECT ... FROM cds_db_view ...
Specifies a CDS view using
its name CDS_DB_VIEW defined in the annotation
@AbapCatalog.sqlViewName as a data source
data_source of the
SELECT statement. If the name CDS_DB_VIEW is used, the
CDS database view is accessed directly and handled like any
classic view. More specifically, the following applies:
- Client handling is determined only by the existence of a client column and not by the client dependency of the CDS view.
- Any CDS roles defined for CDS access controls are applied only when the CDS entity is accessed and not when the CDS database view is accessed.
- The key fields of the database view are used for the syntax check and not the key fields of the
CDS entity in the addition
ORDER BY PRIMARY KEY.
- To keep the behavior consistent and to use only the defined properties of a CDS view, only the name of the CDS entity should be used to access a CDS view.
- Direct access to a CDS database view is forbidden in strict mode from Release 7.50.