Strict Mode in Release 7.52Other versions:
Conditions for the Strict Mode
The strict mode of the syntax check in Release 7.52 applies to all ABAP SQL statements that use one of the following attributes introduced in Release 7.52:
- Use of
ONE TO MANYin
LEFT OUTER JOIN
- Use of the addition FOR ALL
ENTRIES of statement
SELECTtogether with columns of the types STRING and RAWSTRING and also LCHR and LRAW in the
SELECTlist in a strict mode.
- Internal table as the data source
data_sourceof a query
- The following occurs in path expressions:
- Associations are used whose target data sources are CDS table functions.
- Parameters are passed.
- The cardinality or the kind of the join expression are specified as attributes.
- Filter conditions are specified.
Rules for the Strict Mode
The strict mode in Release 7.52 covers all rules of the strict mode in Release 7.51, plus the following rules:
- A path expression as a
data source of a
FROMclause must have an alternative table name defined with
- The addition
CLIENT SPECIFIEDcannot be specified for a data source specified using a path expression.