Spool Dialog Box
The spool dialog box makes it possible to interactively determine all spool parameters and checks the input values for consistency and completeness. The call is either automatic or program controlled.
- The spool dialog box appears automatically if a user chooses Execute and Print on the selection screen, and also when spooling screen lists. In these cases, the spool dialog box cannot be suppressed.
- The GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS function module can be used to call the spool dialog box in a program.
When the spool dialog box is called automatically, the SET_PRINT_PARAMETERS function module can be used to set standard values. The SET_PRINT_PARAMETERS function module mainly has the same import parameters as the GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS function module (refer to Overview of All Spool Parameters) and no export parameters. An additional input parameter called FOOT_LINE is used when spooling a screen list and defines that a footer is printed. It is only respected here.
- Displaying the spool dialog box using GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS is the recommended
method for program-driven spooling, and thereby decouples the dialog from the statements
NEW-PAGE PRINT ONand SUBMIT TO SAP SPOOL. It is still possible to call the spool dialog box with the latter, however, the functions Back or Cancel cannot be processed properly.
- The standard values for the spool dialog box must be set before sending the selection screen or
list to the screen when the spool dialog box is called automatically. It is advisable to use SET_PRINT_PARAMETERS
only at the
INITIALIZATIONevent of an executable program.
- Using SET_PRINT_PARAMETERS only allows the setting those spool parameters that are stored in components of the PRI_PARAMS structure.