AMDP - L for the SAP HANA Database
7.31 | 7.40 | 7.54
This function is only for internal use within SAP. Customers and partners are not allowed to use this function.
L is a low-level programming language used for programming
L procedures on the
SAP HANA database. L is the implementation language of an
AMDP method that specifies
FOR HDB LANGUAGE LLANG when the statement
METHOD is used.
- L procedures provide read-only access only. The addition
READ ONLYmust be specified in the implementation.
- L procedures do not have relationships with other database objects. The addition
USINGcannot be specified in the implementation.
- When an L procedure is saved in the database system, any asterisks (
*) at the start of a line are transformed to double slashes (//).
- Only those L functions can be called within AMDP methods that are defined in the same AMDP method.
- Parameter interface:
- An AMDP method for an L procedure cannot have any input/output parameters defined using
- An AMDP method for an L procedure must have at least one output parameter defined using
CHANGING. Output parameters must be tabular with a structured row type and cannot be scalar.
The programming language L can only be used internally and with restrictions at SAP. For general programming with the SAP HANA database, SQL or the script language SQLScript must be used. The use of L by customers and partners is not supported.