AMDP - L for the SAP HANA Database
7.31 | 7.40 | 7.54
This function is only for internal use within SAP. Customers and partners are not allowed to use this function.
L is a low-level programming language used for programming
L procedures on the
SAP HANA database. L is the implementation language of an
AMDP method that specifies
FOR HDB LANGUAGE LLANG when the statement
METHOD is used.
- L procedures provide read-only access only. This restriction is made either in the declaration of
the AMDP method using the addition AMDP
OPTIONS READ-ONLY or in the implementation of the AMDP method using the addition
- L procedures do not have relationships with other database objects. The addition
USINGcannot be specified in the implementation.
- When an L procedure is saved in the database system, any asterisks (
*) at the start of a line are transformed to double slashes (//).
- Only those L functions can be called within AMDP methods that are defined in the same AMDP method.
- Parameter interface:
- An AMDP method for an L procedure cannot have any input/output parameters defined using
- An AMDP method for an L procedure must have at least one output parameter defined using
EXPORTING. Output parameters must be tabular with a structured row type and cannot be scalar.
The programming language L can only be used internally and with restrictions at SAP. For general programming with the SAP HANA database, SQL or the script language SQL Script must be used. The use of L by customers and partners is not supported.